La Petite Grange
"Once again we had a wonderful holiday here, golfing, cycling, swimming, seeing the local sights etc... "
Sheila & Liam
"A marvellous two weeks to find the house of our dreams! The area
is truly charming and it has been a bonus to be able to return to the
comfort and warmth of La Petite Grange each evening."
Fiona & David (one time house hunters, now year round neighbours...)
"If you can tear yourselves away from the pool side there is so
much to see and do, and even more to eat. Any direction is magic..."
Lou & Charlie
"Memories of meals on our flower-filled terrace, swims in the
pool, fabulous views from the windows, wine and conversation will
Pam & Grahaeme
"our second holiday at Tréjouls... exploring further around this
area which we have been visiting for several years, and hope to do so
again next year..."
Pam & David (now firm friends and our most regular visitors... for 11 years!)
The "little barn" is actually quite big! It houses a comfortable, one bedroom apartment at one end, and the other, open end provides deep shade for meals in hot weather near the pool.
Three of the four original stables in the covered end of the barn were converted in 2001 into a well equipped and furnished apartment:
click any image to see gallery
- TV tuned for French channels, DVD player and large selection of English DVDs
- compact disc and radio system
- Tiled living/dining room with access to both patio and garden and kitchen corner (2 plate electric hob, combination conventional/microwave oven, dishwasher, fridge, sink/drainer)
- bedroom with king-size bed (160 x 190 cm) and firm mattress on a divan base, wardrobe and ample clothes storage space;
- a selection of books and games, as well as tourist information and maps
- laundry lobby between main room and bathroom (washing machine)
- bathroom (bath, with rigid shower panel, hand-basin, bidet, WC, electric extractor fan, shaver plug etc).
Equipment & supplies
The following are provided for your exclusive use:
- steam iron and ironing board;
- electric kettle;
- electric toaster;
- cafetière (coffee press or plunger);
- patio/ garden furniture;
- parasol and BBQ;
Good quality towels, and kitchen and bed linen are provided. Guests are responsible for their own laundry during their stay, and are welcome to use the garden washing line.
In the hotter summer months, the barn's position, with its back set snugly into the rocky hillside, and its thick interior and exterior stone walls, keep it agreeably cool. The flat is centrally heated with its own thermostat control for winter comfort.
The flat's private patio, bordered by terraces of lavender and flowering shrubs and a "hedge" of Morning Glory (Ipomea) is large enough for meals or sunbathing. Guests are also welcome to find a favourite quiet spot in our 7 acre garden and woods.
Access to the apartment's patio and entrance is up a flight of stone steps equivalent to one storey. We suggest you leave your car in one of our covered parking bays (one to two minutes' walk) except for loading and unloading at the bottom of the steps. If you have special mobility needs, this could be a problem.
Snow is very infrequent, but with excellent central heating, La Petite Grange stays snug in all weather...