"just as described on the web site, but the view was even better than we expected... a lovely place"
Shirley & Greg
"we've been coming to this area of 10 years and I think we've finally found the perfect spot... try the 10 euro lunchtime menus – good for the pocket if not for waistlines!"
Oriana & Jeff
"very peaceful but with lots to see and do..."
Hannah & Gary
"we ate out only for lunches and usually had the Chef's plat du jour - and were never disappointed... a marvellous area."
Ann & John
"the view from the terrace was what attracted us and it certainly lived up to expectations – those little hills also great for walking..."
Reg & Myrtle
The "little house" is just that - a stone, bungalow-style gite to one side and a little back from our family home, with a single bed-sitting room and separate shower/WC room.
The main room has a queen size (140 x 190 cm) bed, with a firm mattress on a slatted base; plenty of chest-of-drawer space and some clothes hanging space; an antique pine table and chairs; and two comfortable armchairs by the picture window with spectacular views across the valley.
A compact disc (CD, CD-R/ RW playable) and AM-FM stereo radio system (BBC Radio4 usually obtainable!) is provided, as well as a small selection of books.
The kitchen corner has wall-mounted pine shelving for crockery and white fitted lower units, containing:
- 2 plate electric hob;
- mini oven/ grill;
- stainless steel sink/drainer.
Kitchen equipment includes:
- electric iron and mini-ironing board;
- electric kettle;
- electric toaster;
- cafetière (coffee press or plunger)
The shower/WC consists of :-
- shower cubicle
- electric extractor fan
- shaver plug etc.
Towels, kitchen and bed linen are provided. Guests are responsible for their own laundry during their stay, but we willingly allow reasonable use of our own washing machine, and guests are welcome to use the garden washing line.
In the hotter summer months, the position of La Petite Maison, with its back set into the hillside, and its thick stone walls keep it agreeably cool. The wide roof overhang prevents too much direct sunshine entering the room in the Summer months, while the picture window allows maximum natural light.
The terrace extends the whole length of the little house: facing south, this therefore receives masses of sun, but to one side mature oaks provide deep shade if necessary.
Garden furniture, parasol and BBQ are provided for your exclusive use. Guests are also welcome to find a favourite quiet spot in the garden.
- Access to both the bed-sitting room and the shower/WC is directly from the terrace, so you have to step outdoors to go from the main room to the shower/WC. La Petite Maison is therefore closed from November to March inclusive. La Petite Grange has excellent central heating and is available all year round.
- Access to the terrace and entrance is up a car driveway. We suggest you then return your car to one of our covered parking bays (one minute's walk) except for loading and unloading. If you have special mobility needs, this could be a problem.